Engines from the age of elegance.
The Caledonian 123 was built by Neilson & Co. Glasgow in 1886 for the Caledonian Railway to a design by Dugald Drummond. The motive for the design is not clear and the engine found little work, but was involved in the races to the North. The Caledonian 123 ran the 100 miles between Carlisle to Edinburgh from start to stop in a time of 101 minutes.
It was used for Directors Specials after 1900 and it survived to become the L. M. S. No 14010. It ran express trains between Perth and Dundee and was finally withdrawn in 1935.
It is now preserved in Glasgow Transport Museum.
Our model is painted in Caledonian Blue and is well able to emulate 100 miles in 101 minutes with a longer train than the one hauled on that famous occasion. Price includes tender. Wynford Classic locomotive are "0" gauge 12 volt DC 3 rail electrically powered, and will run on most types of coarse scale 3 rail track old and modern, including tin plate and Basset Lowke raised 3rd rail. Each locomotive comes fully tested and ready to run.
More exclusive projects to come We have plans for many other exciting projects to whet your appetite. Watch this space.